Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata
RAGGING IS A CRIMINAL OFFENCE
What is Ragging?
Teasing, wrongful restraint, intimidation, rough handling causing physical or psychological harm, asking the student to perform an act which she/he may not do in the ordinary course. On receipt of information concerning any incident of ragging, the Head shall immediately determine with the help of the antiragging committee if it is a genuine case, and shall file an FIR with the police within 24 hours.
- Suspension/expulsion from the hostel.
- Rustication from the institution.
- Expulsion from the institution and consequent debarring from admission to any other institution.
To know more visit the page Ragging: Prohibition, Prevention and Punishment
In case of an incident of ragging, contact any member of the anti-ragging committee (see below) and/or report it immediately to
+91 97482 92171 (Security Officer)
+91 98368 97615
+91 93397 50414
+91 94324 00301
The Anti-ragging Committee at ISI, Kolkata constitute of the following members:
• Professor Pradipta Bandyopadhyay (Chairperson)
• Professor Mahuya Datta (Member)
• Professor Rajat K. De (Member)
• Professor Indraneel Dasgupta (Member)
• Shri Ranjan Sett (Member)
• Professor Parthasarathi Ghosh (Member-Convener)